Book Review & Giveaway: If Babies went to School by Barbara Lock
If Babies went to School by Barbara Lock, illustrated by Gus Tarantino
In this engaging and beautifully illustrated children’s book, two school-age children imagine what might happen if they brought their baby brother to school. While the characters’ predictions may seem zany, they are logically based on what they know about babies. This book can assist parents and teachers with exploring inductive reasoning, and is fun to read aloud.
My Review: Brian wonders why his baby brother Luke can’t go to school with him. Then Amanda thought “what if” they took their baby brother Luke to school. The book takes you on a journey of “what if” babies went to school. They discover with each scenario that babies wouldn’t know what to do with worksheet, lunchbox, music instruments or what they would do when they go to the library. They concluded that it would be impossible for babies to attend school, because they will need a lot of help. Try waking a sleeping baby and sending him to the principal’s office. Brilliant illustrations by Gus Tarantino bring the characters to life. I recommend this book for every parent as it is a fun book.
FTC Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion in any way.
Free Giveaway (US Only)
Author is giving 1 lucky winner a signed copy of this book
Giveaway Ends 10th July @ 12 noon
1. Mandatory: Like ‘Meet the Author’ on Facebook by clicking on the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Meet-The-Author/211777542192164 part of your comment below should say ‘Like fb’
2. Mandatory: Comments like these would be deleted – Great contest, Please enter me, Love to win this!, This is so cute! etc So leaving a helpful comment relating to this book would be appreciated and valid to the giveaway.
Leave your comments and email address in the comment field below.
All Mandatory must be completed or entry will be disqualified.
This giveaway has ended!
14 Comments »
- Author and Book Spotlight
- Black History Month
- Blog Tour
- Book Review
- Buy Books
- Children’s Book Week
- Classic Reading for Kids
- Free Back To School Supplies
- Free Giveaways
- Giveaway Hops
- Giveaway Winners
- HarperCollins Book Review
- Holiday Books For Children
- In My Mailbox
- Kregel Book Review
- Meet the Author
- Mymcbooks Birthday Library
- New Releases in Children’s Books
- What's New