Book Review & Giveaway: The Butterfly by Jethro Francois
The Butterfly by Jethro Francois with illustrations by Wilfils Soirelus and Marco P. Paul.
Valdee is a handsome, intelligent and polite young boy who is full of life. He enjoys very much being around people, and likewise, they like his company. He also enjoys going to school with his friends and playing sports with them. No one could have predicted that his life would take turn for the worse when he suddenly became very ill. As he suffered and could no longer relate to his friends; life then became very challenging for him. Valdee felt that he was coming to the end of the road when his life became similar to that of a caterpillar. However, one day he met the Shepherd, who extended His loving care. He was completely restored to enjoy an even more abundant life than he had ever experienced before. This is a story of hope!
My Review: Valdee is a polite young boy whose charmed life changes when he is afflicted with an illness that causes his grades to drop and his personality to change drastically. This book goes on to teach children that no matter their circumstances to never give up on their dreams. It also gives a message of hope to young boys and girls to reach their goal in life. Let no one tell you that there is no hope for you. It was great to read later in the book that Valdee got his confidence back when he met the Shepherd.
I love an illustration that brings the characters and book to life and that’s what Wilfils Soirelus and Marco P. Paul did.
FTC Disclosure: I received a review copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review. I was not monetarily compensated for my opinion in any way.
Free Giveaway (US Only)
Author is giving 1 lucky winner a copy of this book
Giveaway Ends 13th July @ 12 noon
1. Mandatory: Like ‘Meet the Author’ on Facebook by clicking on the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Meet-The-Author/211777542192164
2. Mandatory: Comments like these would be deleted – Great contest, Please enter me, Love to win this!, This is so cute! etc So leaving a helpful comment relating to this book would be appreciated and valid to the giveaway. part of your comment below should say ‘Like facebook’
Leave your comments and email address in the comment field below.
All Mandatory must be completed or entry will be disqualified.
This giveaway has ended!
12 Comments »
- Author and Book Spotlight
- Black History Month
- Blog Tour
- Book Review
- Buy Books
- Children’s Book Week
- Classic Reading for Kids
- Free Back To School Supplies
- Free Giveaways
- Giveaway Hops
- Giveaway Winners
- HarperCollins Book Review
- Holiday Books For Children
- In My Mailbox
- Kregel Book Review
- Meet the Author
- Mymcbooks Birthday Library
- New Releases in Children’s Books
- What's New